Have you met the amazing members of our community? If so, you know that it really is a collection of fabulous humans! If you haven't, we invite you to come join us for a class, event, or retreat and see for yourself.
Here are 3 things that we love about our community:
1. Genuine: This group of people is collectively, the most honest and sincere bunch that we have met. They like to be a part of something larger, and they are actively a part of our community. Our members always have a smile to share, are there to welcome newcomers. They take their yoga practice off the mat, and out into the world.
2. Diverse: What makes our community so great is the diversity that we see; from those who have never done yoga before to those who have practiced for years. We have students in creative industries as well as those in the corporate world. We have folks from around the globe, and while we may speak different languages, yoga has brought us together.
3. Connected: In some places, you see faces that you recognize, but don't have a true connection to. In our community, we are proud to watch individuals step up and introduce themselves to others. They help us to create a welcoming environment and it continues after class has ended. We often hear of people bumping into each other in the neighbourhood, becoming friends, and it's so great to see these powerful human connections form.
Without the ancient practice of yoga, our paths as we know it, might not have crossed. We are beyond grateful to the practice of yoga and how its very essence has shaped our Liberty Life community.
Here are 3 things that we love about yoga:
1. How it makes us feel: From the physical body to the mental and spiritual aspects, this practice has something to offer every body. Yoga has helped us through small, everyday stressors to large, life stressors. Through our yoga practice, we can feel calmer in a busy world. Yoga reminds us what is really important and helps us to prioritize from a conscious place.
2. The health benefits: You've likely heard that sitting is the new smoking, and in a very sedentary society, yoga is here to help! Depending on the type of yoga, yoga can help increase your heart rate and blood flow, tone your muscles, increase flexibility, and provide deep relaxation. Each different type of yoga offers many benefits and there is at least one style that will be a fit for you!
3. Community: We think you get the picture by now of how much we appreciate and celebrate our community! It's truly one of the best groups of humans out there!
Photo Credit: @katemcgphotography
Through the members of our fabulous community, we have discovered, and continue to work with some amazing brands.
Here are 3 local brands that we are proud ambassadors for:
1. Clean Kiss Organics: This organic and clean skin and hair line has something for everyone! Made in small batches, these healthy products - like natural deoderant (that works!) and perfectly whipped body and face butters - are dreamy! Use the code LLYSave10 at checkout and save 10% off your order.
2. BYoga / Halfmoon: Hands-down (as they often are in yoga!), the BMat is our favourite yoga mat our there! BYoga recently joined ventures with Halfmoon, who is the creator of our favourite bolster (along with many other yoga goodies). Shop our favourite products on our website.
3. Knix: This Toronto-based company is shaking up the world of intimate apparel. Using real women, celebrating their real bodies, Knix is helping us all to be a bit more comfortable in our own skin. Check out their Catalyst Bra and Racerback Bra, plus their tanks, undies, and more. Use the code libertylifeyoga10 to save $10 off your purchase!
Photo Credit, left to right: @cleankissorganics, @byoganow, @libertylifeyoga